This module offers a choice of content on legal drugs or legal and illegal drugs. Students explore the decision-making process and improve decision-making skills by looking at choices, consequences,
responsibility, facts, and influences.
• What is a drug and how drugs are classified
• Effects of drugs on the body
• Analysing health messages about drugs in the media
• Messages around non-use – normative data – dispelling myths
• Influences on decision making – family, peers, media, culture, financial, legal
• Strategies and skills to be safe