These purple pancakes are perfect little people food! A far cry from the traditional stodgy version, these little pancakes are full of goodness and taste delicious! Oats and egg for protein and sustained energy, banana and blueberries giving a boost in your fruit intake and providing essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre. Better yet they're so simple, just chuck all of the ingredients in the blender and cook as normal.
Ingredients (makes approx 6 pikelet size pancakes)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1 handful of blueberries (frozen work great!)
- small amount of olive oil (spray works well)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non stick pan to a medium heat and add a little olive oil (spray or oil)
- Pour small amounts into the pan, about pikelet size, don't make them too big or they can be hard to flip (they are a little more delicate than a normal pancake).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear. Gently flip and cook for another minute.
- Serve with some extra cut up fruit such as strawberries and a drizle of 100% maple syrup or Greek yoghurt.
Tip: Why not swap blueberries for raspberries for pink pancakes! You can also replace the oats with almond meal or coconut flour to make them gluten free if needs be.