Get your kids in the kitchen and ask them to help you make these really simple, tasty and more importantly healthy treats. With a small sprinkle of cinnamon your kitchen will quickly be filled with the smell only home baking can create drawing hungry mouths from all corners of the house!
Portable, packable and without any extra added sugar, this easy apple slice recipe is a winner!
1. Heat the oven to 140C and prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper
2. Finely slice the whole apple (with the skin on) through the equator. Use a mandolin if you have one, but be sure to use the safety cover
3. Ask your children to lay the apples on the baking tray in one layer, depending on the size of your oven you may need to do two baking sheets. It is important the apple slices have plenty of room as they need to dry out
4. Very carefully sprinkle over some cinnamon and place in the oven
5. Cook for 45 mins to an hour, turning halfway. Ask your kids to keep a careful eye on them and as soon as they start turning golden brown remove them from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Portable, packable and without any extra added sugar, this easy apple slice recipe is a winner