Cooking with your children is a great way to help them develop healthy eating habits. Follow these 5 easy steps to making Speedy Fried Rice.
1. Heat a wok or high sided frying pan, add a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and stir-fry the chicken breast until cooked through
2. Add the veggies (all except the spinach) and allow to soften
3. Allow the veggie and chicken mixture to brown at the edges and add the brown rice. Stir the rice to allow to fully reheat. At this stage you may want to reduce the heat to medium if the rice is sticking
4. Add 1 tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce and stir through the rice, then push the rice to the side of the pan and crack in the egg
5. Allow the egg to semi-cook and then fold into the rice. Add the spinach and allow to wilt slightly.
Cooking with your children is a great way to teach healthy habits