After a gap of 8 years, the Life Education program is back in Mackay and will see almost 9000 students across this region in 2014.
Mackay students will be empowered to make confident and healthy lifestyle choices around drugs, alcohol, tobacco, relationships and nutrition – contemporary issues for young people in your community. Students who successfully navigate these issues have much more chance of completing school and transitioning to productive adult lives.
To sustain our presence in Mackay, we are looking for a local and voluntary Fundraising Branch Co-ordinator. The person will enjoy rallying community and business support and leading volunteers.
This exciting new voluntary role supports the successful reintroduction of the Life Education program to Mackay. Some of the ongoing operational costs are offset by schools and parents through program fees. The funding gap is made up through the vital work of Life Education Queensland fundraising branches.
In the role of Fundraising Branch Co-ordinator, you will
• Co-ordinate Life Education fundraising activities in the Mackay region
• Recruit and manage fundraising volunteers
• Create and maintain relationships with local stakeholders to achieve financial and in-kind support
• Maintain effective liaison with Life Education Queensland
As our ideal candidate, you will have an infectious passion for mobilising people to fundraise and get behind a great cause. You have the opportunity to really make your mark in this fantastic role, knowing you are making a genuine contribution to one of the State’s leading non-profit organisations.
You will bring a diverse range of skills and experience to assist you in the role including:
• The ability to form effective community fundraising volunteer teams
• The ability to build and maintain strong community relationships
• Good presentations skills to a range of audiences
• Confidence and experience in asking for sponsorship support
• The ability to be self –directed within an organisational framework
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a letter outlining why you’re the right person for the role, addressing the points listed above.
Please also include a current Resume with 2 recent referees with your application.
Applications and any queries should be emailed to: Greg Potent, Fundraising Manager - email@example.com