On Tuesday 11 February 2020, Life Education is pleased to be supporting the work of Australia’s eSafety Commissioner by spreading online safety messages and promoting the positive use of digital technology.
Celebrated in over 150 countries and following the theme: ‘Together for a better internet’, Safer Internet Day is an opportunity to raise awareness about the role we can all play in creating a better and safer internet for our community.
1. Be an upstander. If you see abuse online, report and delete it
2. Protect your personal information online. By using a different password for each account and turning on privacy settings on devices, apps, and social accounts
3. Tame the tech. Explore how to set access and parental controls on home wifi networks, gaming consoles, mobile devices and smart TVs
4. Be conscious of your online profile. Don’t post anything that may put you in danger, affect your reputation or be used against you
5. Stay on the lookout for scams and phishing contacts – don’t click links, give out personal information or send money in response to an unexpected request
6. Help others to be safe online – especially family and friends who aren’t tech-savvy
Find out more about our bCyberwise module and request a visit from Life Education