Growing Good Garden Grants
Guidelines and criteria 2021
Yates® Australia and Life Education Australia are encouraging young people to get out into the garden to grow and learn healthy habits.
- Number of grants available: 10
- Individual grant value: $1,000.00 funding contribution
- x1 addtional $1,000 funding contribution for "Double Your Grant"
||Tuesday, 25th May 2021 (9.00am AEST)
||Friday, 18th June 2021 (11.59pm AEST)
|Assessment of applications
||18th June - 16th July 2021
|Successful groups announced
||Tuesday, 27th July 2021
|Funds paid to successful groups
||9th - 17th August 2021
|Progress report due
||Friday, 29th November 2021
|Final report due
||24th May 2022
- Any school (primary, secondary or pre-school), kindergarten, childcare centre, or youth/community group (e.g. Scouts, sports clubs etc) seeking to educate young Australians about gardening and healthy living can apply.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Successful groups will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Quality and well thought out designs
- Plans that encourage a passion for growing and promoting healthy lifestyle choices
- Level of hands-on student involvement in the project
- Level of involvement of the broader school community or local community
- Feasible and technically-sound project activities
- Realistic and detailed project budget
- Integration into the school curriculum or youth/community group program to maximise environmental learning.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit yates.com.au for information and inspiration
- To be eligible for “Double Your Grant” a list of Yates products must be included in the application and shown in the progress report.
Applicants are encouraged to use the Yates® Australia website for information and inspiration - yates.com.au
What items are NOT funded by the Yates® & Life Education Australia Grants?
- Horticulture and Landscaping fees (including wages, admin and labour charges).
- Any travel costs
- Delivery costs of goods and materials
- Artificial plants, flowers and or grass
- Irrigation equipment or water tanks totally more than 50% of the funding sought
- Garden shed, chicken coops, greenhouse or animal housing totalling more than 50% of the funding requested.
- Limitation on funding for concrete, paving, stones, fences etc totalling more than 50% of the funding requested.
- Lawnmowers and/or other machinery
- Cooking equipment
How to apply
To apply for the Yates® & Life Education’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2021, groups can complete the application form on the Life Education Australia’s website - lifeeducation.org.au/gardengrants
Conditions of receiving a grant
All funding for the Yates® & Life Education’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2021 will be provided and administered by Yates® in the form of electronic bank transfer payment
Successful applicants must:
- Conduct the project according to the activities and budget for which the funding was approved and received.
- Grant funds must be spent on the project budget items within 12 months of receiving funds even if the project may be ongoing.
- Provide a progress report (A short summary on the ‘Activities undertaken’ so far and photographs of the project) by Friday, 29th November 2021.
- Provide a final report on outcomes of the project, including photographs and how funds were spent by 25th May 2022.
- Permit Life Education Australia and Yates® to use project reports and photos for promotional purposes across website, social media etc.
- Seek permission from the parents/guardians of the group before submitting photographs of children for use by Life Education Australia and Yates®.
- Agree to receive communication from Life Education Australia.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions about the Yates® & Life Education’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2021, please email email@example.com