Growing Good Garden Grants
Guidelines and criteria 2019
Yates® Gardening and Life Education Australia are encouraging young people to get out into the garden to grow and learn healthy habits.
- Number of grants available: 10
- Individual grant value: $1,000.00 funding contribution
||7th May 2019 (9.00am AEST)
||17th June 2019 (11.59pm AEST)
|Assessment of applications
||18th June – 24th July 2019
|Successful groups announced
||25th July 2019
|Funds paid to successful groups
||7th – 21st August 2019
|Progress report due
||29th November 2019
|Final report due
||30th June 2020
- Any school (primary, secondary or pre-school), kindergarten, childcare centre, or youth/community group (e.g. Scouts, sports clubs etc) seeking to educate young Australians about gardening and healthy living can apply.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Successful groups will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Quality and well thought out designs
- Plans that encourage a passion for growing and promoting healthy lifestyle choices
- Links to Life Education’s ‘Growing Good Friends’ Module. This module explores:
- physical activity
- positive relationships
- personal safety
- Level of hands-on student involvement in the project
- Level of involvement of the broader school community or local community
- Feasible and technically-sound project activities
- Realistic and detailed project budget
- Integration into the school curriculum or youth/community group program to maximise environmental learning.
Applicants are encouraged to use the Yates® Kids Gardening website for information and inspiration - yates-kids-gardening.com
Items that are NOT funded by the Yates & Life Education Australia Grants?
- Horticulture and Landscaping fees (including wages, admin and labour charges).
- Any travel costs
- Delivery costs of goods and materials
- Artificial plants, flowers and or grass
- Irrigation equipment or water tanks totally more than 50% of the funding sought
- Garden shed, chicken coops, greenhouse or animal housing totalling more than 50% of the funding requested.
- Limitation on funding for concrete, paving, stones, fences etc totalling more than 50% of the funding requested.
- Lawnmowers and/or other machinery
- Cooking equipment
How to apply
To apply for the Yates® & Life Education’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2019, groups can complete the application form on the Life Education Australia’s website - lifeeducation.org.au/gardengrants
Conditions of receiving a grant
All funding for the Yates® & Life Education’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2019 will be provided and administered by Yates® in the form of a cheque payment.
Successful applicants must:
- Conduct the project according to the activities and budget for which the funding was approved and received.
- Grant funds must be spent on the project budget items within 12 months of receiving funds even if the project may be ongoing.
- Provide a progress report (A short summary on the ‘Activities undertaken’ so far and photographs of the project) by 29th November 2019.
- Provide a final report on outcomes of the project, including photographs and how funds were spent by 30th June 2020.
- Permit Life Education Australia and Yates® to use project reports and photos for promotional purposes across website, social media etc.
- Seek permission from the parents / guardians of the group before submitting photographs of children for use by Life Education Australia and Yates®.
- Agree to receive communications from Life Education.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions about the Yates® & Life Education’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2019, please email email@example.com