Tuesday, 06 September 2016
Cybersafety for Parents - Vodcasts
Life Education is proud to launch our Cybersafety for Parents vodcasts, in partnership with Intel Security. Based on research conducted by Intel Security and the Life Education Cybersafety modules, these videos identify key areas of concern that parents and children have expressed whilst being online. Divided into three topics, Risk, Usage, and Understanding – these videos act as a guide for parents, with some helpful tips about new technology, key terminology and how to react to inappropriate behaviour or offensive content online.
Our five key point summary from the Cybersafety for Parents Vodcasts:
- Children are using the internet more than ever.
- It is important for parents to learn how to engage with the latest trends in technology.
- Risks are increasing with new technologies, it is important for parents to positively manage these.
- There are a variety of resources on the topic of cybersafety.
- It is important to build a positive relationship with technology for the whole family.
- Intel Security's Digital Safety website
- Office of the Children's eSafety Commissioner website
- Cybermum's blog and facebook page
- Life Education's bCyberwise module
- Life Education's It's Your Call module